Wednesday, April 02, 2003

A new beginning (sort of)

So yesterday, April Fool's Day (of all days), was the first day of our new accounting system. I was cynical - I figured there would be huge numbers of errors, mass chaos, and God knows what else. But it wasn't that bad. Yes, there were issues, but for the most part, they seem to have been minor. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the week plays out.

Of course, hiding behind all this is the fact that we are a large (over ten million) amount over budget, and the scramble is on. The bad news is that we are only halfway there. So the guess is that sooner or later, there will be a layoff. If I'm lucky, sooner, rather than later, and I'll be a part of it. That would make my decision much easier........

In other news.........

I need the help of a computer geek. I have pictures from the barrister's ball that I'd like to post, but.........I have no idea how. Help!

No comments: