Saturday, August 30, 2003

Memos from Law School:

Now that Loyola’s IT ‘team’ has figured out how to add me to the main law school address list, I get all kinds of interesting emails. You know, class announcements (for classes I don’t have), death notices (for people I’ve never met, and wouldn’t know), and general announcements, such as this one:

Date: Friday - August 29, 2003 11:21 AM
Subject: ATTENTION OCI Students

Someone has turned in an OCI preference sheet without a name on it. This makes it impossible for us to enter you into the computer.

If you have preferenced
(is that a word?) the following employers in the following order and feel you may have forgotten your name, SS#, etc. on the sheet please contact us ASAP.

Quinlan & Carroll
Cremer Kopon & Shaughnessy
US Securities & Exchange Com.
Cassiday Schade & Gloor
City of Chicago

Thanks.


A little while later, this one came:

Date: Friday - August 29, 2003 12:02 PM
Subject: ATTENTION OCI Participants

Someone has turned in another OCI preference sheet without a name on it. This makes it impossible for us to enter you into the computer.
(Thanks for pointing that out again. I hadn't figured that out after the first email.)

If you have preferenced the following employer in red ink
(red ink? I hadn't realized that we were supposed to write our choices in blood, but then, there is a Satanic quality about OCI) and feel you may have forgotten your name,(easy enough to do the first week of law school) SS#, etc. on the sheet please contact us ASAP.

Cremer Kopon & Shaughnessy

Thanks.


Getting two emails in a row with Cremer, Kopon on it (note to Loyola OCI: it's actually Cremer, Kopon, Shaughnessy & Spina) made me feel much better, since this is one firm I, too, had "preferenced," though I doubt I'll get an interview. Cassiday, Schade was another of my firms, so I'm very hopeful of a good shot at a job. After all, the first person had a higher class rank than I (the SEC requires upper 30%, and Cassiday prefers upper 25%, so they must be ranked above me).

This one was a gem:

Subject: Law School Blankets for sale at Student Activities Fair

As part of a fundraising effort for PILS, School of Law blankets will be sold at the Student Activities Fair this Thursday from 4-6 pm. in the
student lounge.

Cost for each blanket is $30.00, which is the retail cost minus tax for the Loyola blankets available at the bookstore. However, these are specially made limited edition blankets that have "School of Law" on them.

Checks or cash only!!!

ALL proceeds from the sales will go to PILS. Stop by and prepare for winter.

law admission


I’m all over that, guys. Just what I wanted: a limited edition blanket. For a mere $30. What a deal.

I think I'll wrap myself up in my limited edition blanket and go watch "The Paper Chase" DVD. Enjoy!

No comments: