Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Welcome to the jungle, we’ve got fun ‘n’ games……..

Ok, so the temperatures here in balmy Chicago are more approaching the Arctic than the jungle, but who’s noticing. I mean, just because I drove to class tonight in near white-out conditions, should that be an issue? Here I am, on the phone, doing the right thing and pulling over, and what happens? An inch of snow, that’s what. And ten minutes (ok, thirty) later? Snow’s over. Ya gotta love this city.

Another thing to love about the cold – I’m a non-smoker. Every winter, I see the smokers outside the building, bundled up to their ears, sucking their life away. I envy them to a degree; they get to get away from their desks from time to time and not have to go to a meeting. But in winter? Never. If I were a smoker, the weather here the last month would have been incentive enough. If it wasn’t, this case would be.

Mayor Daley has a way with words. What it is, I don’t know. But he has a way with them. I think if his words were human, you’d call it bondage. I’m wondering why the media has never sued for intentional infliction of emotional distress after one of his press conferences. Today, he lashed out at Hollywood for filming “Chicago” in – of all places – Toronto. Ahh, were there but a link to this one. Maybe tomorrow.

The fun begins

Tax season is always hectic. Trying to balance regular work, and tax work can be trying sometimes. Now add in law school, plus commitments, and....well, it gets nuts. I'm already resorting to hitting the library after class. I've got nine weeks to go. And a trial level brief to write. On the upside, however, I did get pulled over last night on the way home. Seems that October has passed, and someone neglected to inform me. (I'm working on who to sue for that now.) Mr. Bad Man wasn't happy that I insisted on doing 5 over, or that my plates are slightly past their use-by date. I had heard that mentioning law school could help, so I did. And I'm over $100 richer tonight, since Mr. Bad Man decided to let me slide with a verbal chastising. Thank you officer!

I guess I'll be visiting the Secretary of State at lunch tomorrow. I would've gone today, but the fridge was empty......

No comments: