Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Man, am I tired. And stressed. Did I mention I hate legal writing?

So I decide to take a half day at work to write up the draft for the memo due next week. I finally get through the snow and arrive downtown around 2:30, and.....miracle of miracles......I get a parking spot right in front of the building!!!!! What luck. It's a productive day, as I manage to get through a huge chunk of the paper...only to find out 1) we won't be able to turn in a draft, as we thought we would, and 2) my draft is nowhere near what it should be. Rats. Back to the drawing board!!

Work, by the way is boring this week. I'm not sure what I should be working on, I just know the concentration level is VERY low this week. As it was last week. Next week will be a different story. Maybe tomorrow I'll be motivated.

Ok, enough of my day....

IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME

So, let's see. The plan was to sue Napster out of existence, that whole file-swapping thing would just disappear. Right? Uh, no. Because sites like Kazaa pop up just as fast as they're shut down. And my impression is that this issue isn't going away simply because record companies have good lawyers. The whole strategy needs to be rethought.....

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

Hmm....I see George Bush, Jr gave the Big Speech tonight. Promised more new evidence. Did I miss the first evidence? Just curious. I don't know about anyone else, but based on what I'm reading, other nations seem to think there's a dearth of evidence. Germany and France want more time. The UK wants more time. I'm thinking that if we push ahead, we might wind up doing irreparable damage to our reputation.

PUT IN YOUR $.02 WORTH...

As always, your comments welcome. Post them here, or email them to gregzbylut@msn.com

Until tomorrow, I'm going to bed..........

No comments: